In the year of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ 1875, through Mother Lena, at the corner of Ward (now Houston) and Davis, a prayer circle was formed. These Prayer Meetings grew and the Holy Spirit was moved to organize the Shiloh Baptist Church on May 15, 1875. At that time, the first Pastor was called, ordained, and installed. Since that early date, the Lord has allowed His Church to remain a vital, soul-saving force in the LaVilla Community for many, many decades. During these 100+ years, Shiloh has been blessed with twelve Pastors, all men endowed with the Holy Spirit.